As many of you have likely heard, Governor Evers released an Executive Order Tuesday November 10, 2020 advising Wisconsin residents to stay home and take precautions such as physical distancing, washing hands, frequently cleaning surfaces, and wearing a face covering.
Being a business in Stoughton, the Stoughton Center for the Arts has been following the Dane County Public Health Guidelines and adhering to their requirements.
- We require masks to be worn at all times inside the building
- We comply with social distancing
- Each class is small (9 or less) and the group classes and dance solos are held in studios that are over 1,000 and up to almost 1,800 square feet
- Our facility is running at or below 25% capacity at all times
- Our faculty cleans and sanitizes common areas and surfaces after each group (multiple times throughout the evening) and then a final cleaning is done the end of each night
- Our faculty is consistently encouraging hand washing and sanitizing among the students
- No faculty is allowed in the facility that is exhibiting symptoms
- Every SCA family has agreed to comply with our policies, alerting us if anyone in their household has come in contact with a person that has tested positive
In all of this, everyone has their own comfort level. We have recognized and embraced that since this all began, doing our best to fulfill the needs of families on all sides of the spectrum. It is necessary that we contain this pandemic, but the mental health of our youth is also necessary. We at SCA are doing our absolute best to do both – give these children an artistic outlet, while maintaining the utmost precautions and safety for our students, our faculty, and all of their families.
As an SCA family, you have the option of taking your class/lesson in person or virtually. In addition to that, you can switch between the two. If you choose to switch, please notify both Natalie and Stephanie of your decision so that we can make all the necessary preparations including alerting the faculty.
We have one more week of classes (the week of November 16th) before we are off for two weeks for Thanksgiving. (SCA is closed the weeks of November 23rd and 30th. There are makeup Drama classes that are running on Monday November 23rd and holiday show rehearsals as per their rehearsal schedule.)
We return to classes for only two weeks in December – the weeks of December 7th and 14th, before we are off again for two more weeks for our Holiday break. (Closed the weeks of December 21st and 28th, returning to classes the week of January 4th.)
If you ever have any questions at all please don’t ever hesitate to reach out. We are here to help, as we are all in this together!