PPL DANCERS INFORMATION
To best organize the large amount of information, we have a bulleted list below, and further details on each item further down.
- Read the details below and then answer this short survey regarding Showcase and Summer to let us know your plans.
- Week of June 1st – We will be holding a couple of classes, focused on choreography, the same days/times as the classes in May. Please also take this week to review your pre recorded classes, as many of them have Showcase choreography in them!
- Weeks of June 8th and 15th – Take your virtual choreography review classes with your instructor! Classes will be same days and approximately same times as you had for this past season. We have moved some of the later classes earlier in the evening. Schedule and Zoom links will be sent soon!
- Perform and get recorded for Showcase! Email us or upload to Dropbox if recording at home, or schedule a time to come in and record at the studio (June 15 or 16 with optional photos, June 24 or 25 recording only).
- Send us pictures, videos and stories for our Showcase Montage!
- Order your Showcase video.
- Sign up for Private Lessons in June.
- Watch for the July and August PPL class schedule!
Heading into this season, I never would have believed that our Showcases or our Summer would look quite like this. However, in these uncertain times, it is necessary that we hold the safety of our students, our families, and our faculty in the highest priority.
Our Dance Showcase this year will be fully virtual! As this is all new this season, we have done our best to put all the details below, but if you have questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Please note – Group Company pieces from the 2019-2020 Season will be added to our Showcase video using a pre recorded competition video from this season.
#1 – Let us know your plans
Dance students wishing to be part of the Annual Showcase will have one of three options:
- Option One: Video at home – in your costume with your hair slicked in a bun and a bit of makeup on, have someone at home record your Showcase piece. Videos can then be emailed or uploaded to Dropbox using this link.
- Option Two: Video at studio – in your costume with your hair slicked in a bun and a bit of makeup on, you and one parent come to the studio and we will record your Showcase piece in our studio. Safety guidelines will be followed.
- Option Three: Be a part of our Showcase Montage! We are looking for pictures, stories, or videos for a Showcase Montage that will go on all our videos. See #5 below!
#2 – Week of June 1st – Choreography review
- An email will be sent out with Zoom links to classes that will focus on choreography.
#3 – Weeks of June 8th and 15th – Virtual Choreography Review with your instructor
- Virtual group classes will be the same days and approximately same times as your class was during the regular season. Some of the later evening classes I pushed a bit earlier in the evening.
- Zoom links will be emailed in early June!
#4 – Perform and get recorded for Showcase
- Put on your costume, tights and shoes, slick your hair back in a bun, put on a little bit of makeup and get recorded!
If you record at home, your video can be emailed to us (if needed please feel free to use programs like FileMail or WeTransfer) or uploaded to Dropbox using this link.
If you’d like to come to the studio, please come dressed in your costume (and bring your additional costumes for your other Showcase dances) with your hair slicked back in a bun and a bit of makeup on. One family at a time, one parent only please. Safety guidelines will be followed, and each family will sign up for a time slot to be recorded. Available times:
Monday June 15th 2:00 – 6:00pm**
Tuesday June 16th 2:00 – 6:00pm**
Wednesday June 24th 4:00 – 7:00pm
Thursday June 25th 4:00 – 7:00pm
**On June 15th and 16th, Ketelson Photography will also be at the studio taking professional pictures of your dancer in their costume if you would like.
Schedule your time at SCA
#5 -Send us your pictures and/or videos
- We are creating a montage this season that will be a part of all of our Showcase videos. Please send us videos, pictures, or stories that we could add to our Showcase montage. We’d love to include media from the entire Season, September through May – first day of class, practicing at home, whatever you’ve got!
#6 – Order your keepsake Showcase video
- After we have collected all the videos we will put them together into our Showcase 2020 and send them out to those who ordered! Videos will be offered at a ‘pay what you can’ rate, and 100% of the proceeds from the videos will go to the Stoughton Arts Guild, which will help pay tuition to students studying the arts whose parents have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Order your 2020 Showcase Video here
#7 – Sign up for a Private for June
- We are offering Private lessons to just our PPL Dancers for the month of June! Lessons can be virtual or in person (safety guidelines followed). Complete the survey or email Stephanie or Natalie to get scheduled!
#8 – Watch for information about July and August Summer Sessions
- The July and August Summer PPL Schedule will be released in the next few weeks. We will be offering classes that will be both virtual and in person (your choice). The sessions will be the week of July 6th through the week of August 10th, with classes mid afternoon to early evening.
Each level will come straight into the dance studio and remain in that same studio for all of their classes for the evening. The waiting area, dressing room, and front office will be closed. Social distancing will be maintained throughout class with each dancer getting a taped out space on the floor for them only. More details on the schedule, classes, and guidelines to come soon!
Thank you everyone, for your extreme patience as we worked through all of these changes amid uncertain times. We are looking forward to honoring our students with a very memorable virtual experience!