A Message from the Director
Here at the Stoughton Center for the Arts, I have worked to instill principles in my faculty that every student of SCA should feel safe and loved. That principle came out of my own personal principles, many of which are based on kindness, transparency, and integrity.
Little did I know that principle of being safe and loved would extend now well beyond my students. It is important that I ensure that not only my students feel that way, but also my faculty and the parents and families of my students.
Not only will SCA take precautions and follow guidelines for the safety of everyone upon reopening, we will offer options.
There will be those of you who want to get back into the studio.
There will be those of you who are hesitant and want to wait a bit.
We will be offering solutions to honor both, so that everyone feels safe, everyone feels welcome when they are ready, and everyone can experience their arts education in the way they feel the most safe.
Thank you so much for entrusting your arts education to us. We are honored by those that are a part of our SCA family.
What to Expect
As we continue to navigate through these times, we must all work together to maintain the safety of everyone. Therefore, we ask the following of our students and families:
- Please do not attend classes if the student, the parents, or any household members have been recently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Please do not attend classes if the student, the parents, or any household members have been knowingly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, until they have quarantined for two weeks or tested negative.
- Please do not attend classes if the student is showing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19: fever/chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of sense of taste or smell, dry cough or sore throat.
- Please alert the Director immediately if the student, parents, or any household member tests positive for COVID-19.
If attending classes in person, you may expect the following:
- Please use the hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the studio.
- Class sizes will be limited to 9 or less. Studios for dance and drama classes have boxes marked on the floor for proper social distancing.
- Please come dressed and ready for class as our Dressing Room is currently closed.
- Please bring your own covered water bottle, as the drinking fountain is closed. Water only please, no juice is allowed in the studios.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early.
- Parents of younger students may enter the studio to wait with their child. If possible please leave siblings at home.
- The front office, boutique, dressing room, and student lounge area are closed until further notice. Front office and boutique purchases are by appointment only.
- As per the Dane County Mandate, masks must be worn at all times inside the building. Our company students have taken their classes all summer with masks – singing, dancing, and more, – and done quite well. We as faculty have learned appropriate breaks, getting them socially distanced to stay hydrated, and learned ways to continue teaching under these current circumstances.
As the situation changes, we will monitor state and county health experts and communicate any changes accordingly. Thank you to everyone!